Numerous renters are keen on living more sustainably. What’s more, a major portion of sustainable living is reusing food containers to the maximum extent. Glass jars are very easy to repurpose because they can be washed and then re-filled or utilized to establish something new. In case you’ve been searching for approaches to reuse glass jars, here are ten suggestions you can utilize!
- Store bulk food items. Clean glass jars are great for storing food items bought in bulk, such as nuts and seeds, grains, and baking essentials.
- Quick and easy meals. Utilize glass jars to stock your leftovers or to prepare overnight oats for a tasty breakfast. For lunch, you can layer salad and toppings in a jar for a quick carry-on meal.
- Drinks all around! A few glass jars can make fun glassware for beverages. Canning jars are also sturdier compared to a few other kinds of glassware, which makes them suitable for the dishwasher and to use at any type of event, indoors and out.
- Create a hanging spice rack. Small glass jars can produce an inventive and ordered hanging spice rack for your kitchen. Simply screw the lids of baby food jars to the underside of your cabinets, fill the jars with your preferred spices, and twist them on. This concept works wonderfully in the garage to store small hardware, too!
- Add natural beauty. For a fast and simple touch of beauty, why not utilize a glass jar as a vase? Put flowers and water and display them in your preferred area.
- Light it up. Repurposed glass jars are also excellent as tealight holders. To create one, load the bottom of a clear glass jar with sand, beads, or tiny pebbles, and put a tealight candle. Display on a table, or put a handle of wire or twine to hang
- Get down to earth. One more creative way to use glass jars is to make a terrarium. Using soil, pebbles, bark, dried flowers, or anything else you’d like, make a visually interesting display in a jar. These work great for home décor or to give as gifts.
- Give the gift of dessert. You can utilize repurposed glass jars to make a delicious treat for friends and neighbors. Layer the dry ingredients for cookies or brownies in the jar, put a bow and baking instructions, and gift away!
- Helpful home storage. Glass jars work nicely to store small household items, including cotton swabs, makeup, office supplies, etc. For an even more creative twist, you could decorate the jar with paint, markers, or ribbon and then put it on a vanity, shelf, or desk.
- Save it up. If you are saving up for something special, you can utilize several glass jars to assist you with seeing the progress you are making. Glass jars can contain loose coins and bills or even slips of paper. Drop them in and watch your savings grow toward your goals!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.